Thursday 19 January 2012

Fit By July 2012


Sorry for the long silence – I wonder if anyone even checks in after such a long absence. While I’ve been away, I’ve had a bit of time to think about what I actually want to write about here. I’ve come up with a thought/an overall idea that will allow me to blog, write and even tweet more regularly.  

Allow me to set the scene: Later this year, in July to be precise, I will be celebrating my 31st birthday. In the past it has been a goal of mine to be in the best shape of my life on my 30th birthday. While I achieved that goal but in the second half of 2011 I’ve let standards slip. I continued with basic exercising but my heart wasn’t in it. I started to eat less disciplined, old habits crept in and I lacked a clear goal and aim. Physical exercise with the sole purpose of maintenance is not rewarding. Now, I not only want to get back to how I looked in July 2011 but go one better.

I genuinely enjoy physical exercise and the buzz it gives me. I like pushing my body and mind into places I’ve never thought possible. Endorphins’ rushing to my brain give me a sense of achievement and satisfaction that doesn’t compare to anything else. It helps me feel energetic and enthusiastic. Physical exercise also benefits other parts of life. If I don’t exercise regularly my character changes; I constantly feel tired, get antsy, snappy and have no patience. I can’t relax and unwind yet feel lethargic. I’m basically not myself if I don’t exercise. And I’ll happily admit, I’m also shallow enough to like the results. But let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to look their best.

I’m lucky enough that I don’t need anyone to motivate me, at least not these days. But I think this is exactly where a lot of people struggle. Get and stay motivated! My goal is to whip myself in shape, document and share my journey and hopefully motivate some people along the way.

Through trial and error I’ve designed perfect, quick and easy workouts. Yes, I’ve made mistakes, injured myself and through that learned what to do and more importantly what not to do. You don’t have to make these mistakes, I’ve already made them for you. No more physiotherapy and painful rehab, learn from my mistakes and train safely. I’ve seen results, like when I lost 27kg (from 112kg to 85kg) in 5 months and I’m happy to share all my secrets for free! Come and join me on a journey to looking and feeling better. Follow my personal journey here and get free workouts with different goals, nutritional advice (those tasty alternatives + cook your own quick meals & advise on what to shop to prepare them), exercise playlists and much more. And don’t be afraid to ask for help and share your own stories on #FitByJuly . That’s right, we’ve got our own trending Twitter hashtag!! So come on! Join in and above all, enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All feedback welcome! Would love to hear your thoughts.